Thursday, May 17, 2018

Top Posity Feedbacks about Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 IV 20.1 MP Digital Still Camera on Amazon

1. Awesome Point and Shoot camera By R. Williams on February 22, 2016 Style: Base|Color: Black|Verified Purchase

I have a small photography business that I run on the side along with my primary job as a consultant. I normally use a Nikon D810 and several lenses. The Nikon performs great as one would expect. I purchased this camera to have a small point and shoot to take with me to places that I did not want to haul a full size camera and lenses. My primary need for this camera was portability and picture quality. Movie capability was secondary for me so I can't really address that.

This little camera has totally exceeded my expectations. Even on auto, it does an amazing job of selecting the right combination of ISO, shutter speed and f stop. Sony has a home run with this one.


So what tests have I put this camera through. The toughest test so far have been on a river boat in NYC at night and sunset in Jamaica. You would not expect a small sensor camera of this size to be able to take good night time shots of NYC from a moving, rocking boat. The quality of pictures I was able to produce were amazing. It does a wonderful job of knowing what the shooting conditions are and automatically adjusting appropriately. When shooting sunset pictures, I was expecting that I might see some flair from the sun, but not was present in any of the shots. All of the photos below are JPGs straight out of the camera except for the sunset. I did boost color a bit on the sunset picture. My photo samples were intended to highlight the capabilities of the camera and were not chosen for their artistic content.

Pros: Well built camera with a ton of capability for it's size. I expect that it is the best or one of the test sub $1K cameras available. Auto exposure mode works amazingly well. Sony has a winner here!

Cons: Expensive Point and Shoot. Batter life is poor. Note that off brand batteries are available and the ones that I purchased worked as good as the Sony batteries. The other "con" perhaps is complexity. To fully utilize the capabilities of this camera you will need to spend some quality time with the manual.

The bottom line is that this is a top quality camera if a very portable package. It will rival DSLRs that cost much more in many situations.
click view text vlogging camera with flip screen
2. Great pocket sized alternative to a DSLR By G. Garrick on May 4, 2016 Style: Base|Color: Black|Verified Purchase 

This is a great camera that takes great photos in anything from several full-auto modes to manual. It's a bit slower to use than a DSLR in terms of focus, adjustment of settings, and shutter reaction, but it's pocket sized whereas carrying a DSLR is pretty inconvenient. And of course you don't have TTL viewing for framing your shots (if you don't know what that means, then get this not a DSLR). I've actually had several versions of these starting with version 1 and when a new version comes out I sell the old one and upgrade.

3. After 10 months and reading the reviews is this By Brian Moore on March 2, 2016 Style: Base|Color: Black|Verified Purchase

I refuse to give anything less than five stars. The photo sensor is 4 to 6 times larger than one on a smartphone but slightly smaller than a dslr one. Manual controls and nr filter are rare commodities these days especially 1/32000 shutter speed. High dynamic range is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Now for the bad news which I wish wasn't true. Yes like most 1-star reviews it really does overheats during 1080 HD and 4K video and I wish I can do something about it. There is a spot on the front lense so I do not recommend taking the camera in rainy weather conditions.

4. Incredibly versatile camera that takes amazing photographs By Steve on August 5, 2015 Style: Base|Color: Black

The biggest misconception with this camera is that the only improvement the Mark IV has over the Mark III is 4k video. The new chip design sandwiches the DRAM underneath the sensor, a first for DSLR cameras, which allows for features such as High Frame Rate to shoot video up to 1000 FPS (the resolution unfortunately gets cropped the higher the frame rate). There is also burst mode that can take 16 shots a second at full resolution. For beginners, the auto focus is quicker to respond than prior iterations which can lead to better photo results. Lastly, the new camera speed allows for photographs to be taken at 1/32000 a second (capturing moments such as the instant a water balloon pops or taking a photo directly in the sun without needed a lens hood). If you have a Mark III, it's probably not worth upgrading but if you're looking for a small compact camera and debating whether or not the Mark IV is worth the extra $150, I'd say it is for these added features. 


5.Wonderful small yet powerful camera By RICHARD A. on December 22, 2015 Style: Base|Color: Black

I have the Sony RX100 111 and I love it. Possibly the clearest pictures I have ever seen. Easy to use. Stores in your jacket pocket. Has auto mode. Just point and shoot. Or fiddle with the adjustments. Only drawback is short telephoto. But rather short than long with bad contrast. This is one of the smallest cameras on the market. And it is jammed packed full of to days state of the art technology.
The source amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment